Thursday, August 4, 2011

When I'm back to village.

My mum's hometown - Ulu Yam, Selangor. It just 45 minutes drive from KL. 
When I was a kid, I used to dislike that place. It's a village! Nothing much I can do over there. Indeed, I hate that place because there is a lot of mosquitoes around and they love to bite me! Guess what, now I would love to go back by any time. 

PC051530l

Dropped by one of the houses that no one is staying there anymore.

PC051527

PC051535

PC051539

PC051553m

YES! We picked dozens of bananas from the trees and tapioca, 木薯 from underground. My mum really good at making 木薯糕 known as Kuih Ubi Kayu. Urgh.. I miss it.


PC051561

And rambutans and pineapple! We used to pick it, clean it and sell it in the market. Part of my childhood memories. No doubt, whenever we were ready back to kl, our car boot definitely occupied with lots of fresh vegetables and fresh fruits. As we back home, we started to give away the fruits to relatives.

PC051548m


PC051546

4 comments:

  1. Let's go Ulu Yam one day when you're back ya. I wanted to try the loh mee so badly!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. @suethooi Erm are you driving by that time? If yes, anytime!

    ReplyDelete